Position: Executive Director
Status: Volunteer Board Member
Hours: About 10/week
If you have a heart for diversity and inclusion and desire to help move the Greater Atlanta business market to be more disability-friendly and inclusive, this role is a great opportunity for you. All interested parties, please introduce yourself and email your resume to Info@di-ga.org. We are excited to hear from you!
Disability: IN Greater Atlanta is a local non-profit, business-led, business to business educational organization. It is an affiliate of the national Disability: IN organization.
We provide members with opportunities to engage within a trusted network. We learn from each other as well as from experienced knowledgeable sources on how to advance inclusion of persons with disabilities in the workforce.
What We Are Looking For:
DIGA is seeking an individual to volunteer their time to carry out its initiatives daily toward extending its mission and message. This role will be hands-on. It will require follow-up from those internal and external to the organization. The role will be responsible to make sure things “cross the finish line” via influence and strategic thinking. The Executive Director opportunity is ideal for someone looking to enhance their foundational knowledge about working at the intersection of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), supporting persons with disabilities in the workforce, and passion for evangelizing the organization’s message. And lastly, this is great for someone who is early in their career that is looking to grow or someone experienced that the mission of DIGA resonates well with them.
What a Good Candidate Looks Like (the more the better but not all required):
Any combination of the following qualifications is typical of someone filling this role, and greater weight is given to those who have more of them. However, all are encouraged to express interest:
- Experience with a not-for-profit organization (employee or volunteer)
- Experience in one or more areas would also be beneficial: Business Administration, General Management, Human Resources, Project Management
- Demonstrated awareness of the challenges and opportunities surrounding workplace and marketplace inclusion of people with disabilities
- Master’s degree (completed or in process) with an interest in human capital advancement for those with disabilities
- Passion for and knowledge base of current DEI initiatives being used in various workplaces
- Demonstrated organization, communications, and influencing skills
This position is open until filled.